Philip works extensively with U.S., Canadian and cross-border tax issues for individuals. He specializes in tax planning and compliance for U.S. citizens and expatriates residing in Canada. His work with U.S. citizens residing in Canada includes citizens that are delinquent in their U.S. tax filings. Philip also works with cross-border estates and trusts and Canadian-based businesses with U.S. business operations.
Philip has experience in the following areas:
- U.S. citizens residency in Canada
- Canadians moving to the U.S.
- U.S. citizens with Canadian private corporations
- U.S. estate and gift tax
- U.S. and Canadian trust taxation
Philip previously worked on projects including:
- Identified payroll tax exemption eligibility saving business money
- Implemented planning to mitigate client’s exposure to Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC)
- Assisted U.S. citizens with delinquent tax filings and minimizing tax liability and penalty
- Reviewed and advised on U.S. and Canadian taxation of trusts with international beneficiaries and contributors
- Assisted high-net-worth family with U.S. estate, gift tax and corporate reorganization planning