Atif likes to build trusting relationships by collaborating and designing effective cross-border and domestic tax solutions. His primary area of expertise is cross-border estate planning, foreign affiliate rules, domestic and cross border reorganizations. Before joining Andersen, he spent more than ten years in a big-four firm as well as a national medium sized firm dealing with foreign affiliate and corporate tax matters. He has been facilitating CICA in depth level 2 residence program offered by CPA Canada in which he teaches international tax and Canadian reorganization.
Atif has experience in the following areas:
- Cross-border and domestic reorganization
- Cross-border estate planning
- Foreign affiliate rules
- Corporate taxation
- Due diligence
Atif previously worked on projects including:
- Reviewed and advised on the Canadian taxation of trusts with international beneficiaries and contributors
- Identified the implications of the cross-border loans and developed tax efficient solutions
- Advised on the repatriation of funds from foreign subsidiaries to a Canadian parent entity
- Assisted with the cross-border compensation plans
- Advised on the cross-border restructuring of Canadian entities.
- Implemented amalgamations and wind ups and other corporate reorganizations
- Advised on on the sale of shares vs assets transactions