Andersen (www.andersen.ca), a member firm of Andersen Global, is seeking a senior tax consultant interested by a professional experience in a growing firm and by Canadian and international tax challenges.
Reporting to the firm’s managers and partners, the senior tax consultant will be involved in various due diligence projects (M&A) as well as various tax compliance and planning projects. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Involvement in due diligence reviews of several Canadian companies. The senior tax consultant will also have the opportunity to participate in the implementation of several acquisition structures.
- Tax compliance;
- Advisory services for the firm’s clients.
The chosen candidate will possess an excellent aptitude for communication, be able to work independently as well as in a team. He possesses a high level of critical judgment, have an analytical spirit and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Support due diligence examinations of Canadian companies during domestic or cross-border acquisitions;
- Assist in the conception and the implementation of Canadian and international tax planning;
- Assist in the tax planning of cross-border mergers and acquisitions;
- Assist in tax compliance files for corporate clients including the preparation and/or review of quarterly or annual tax provision calculations, corporate income tax returns, treaty-based returns and surplus calculations;
- Support with international tax compliance for clients through the preparation and/or review of T1134 and T106 forms;
- Support the firm’s managers and partners with tax audit files;
- Act as a support to respond to any ad hoc questions by clients of the firm;
- Coordinate with participants when it comes to transfer pricing, scientific research and experimental development (SRED) and indirect taxes.
- CPA designation;
- One to three years of relevant experience in an accounting firm or other, experience in a major accounting firm is an asset;
- Have completed or be registered for a master’s degree in taxation or to the CICA In-depth advanced courses in taxation or equivalent;
- Bilingualism a must (French and English);
- Team spirit, organization skills, project management experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Judgment and autonomy.
- A friendly, respectful and dynamic working environment.
- A young working environment.
- Our offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal, at Peel metro station.
- An environment that supports and encourages professional development.
- Advancement opportunities.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
* The masculine gender is used throughout this document without bias, in the interest of simplicity and ease of reading.