Andersen LLP is looking for a highly motivated Principal to work with its Partners in Vancouver and Calgary. The role will work closely with team members in both offices serving clients with U.S. corporate tax matters. Familiarity with individual, estate and trust tax matters in the U.S. and Canada is helpful.
We are proud of our boutique office culture within a global organization, and we reap the positive benefits of both. We are a pre-approved CPA training office for students working toward obtaining their designation in Canada. We actively support advanced degrees in tax and continuing professional education. This individual will play an active role in mentoring and training our team members. Our team grows from a solid foundation and is empowered both personally and professionally to succeed.
WHO WE ARE
Andersen LLP’s practice is focused on cross-border tax matters. We work with Canadian investment in the U.S and U.S. investment in Canada. We also work extensively with U.S. persons resident in Canada and Canadians moving to the U.S. Andersen LLP is a member firm of Andersen Global with offices in 286 locations around the world.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Create innovative and tailored tax solutions for clients and recommend actions to achieve future tax results
- Actively engages in business development, identifying client prospects and converting to clients
- Advise clients on relevant tax and non-tax issues, responsible for engagement profitability on services delivered
- Work collaboratively to solve problems and identify opportunities in tax compliance and consulting assignments. May be required to prepare complex tax return assignments
- Coach, mentor, and work collaboratively with team members to build trusted relationships
- Able to resolve complex U.S. tax issues and a desire to develop skills in this field
- Ability to work in teams and alone in a fast-paced work environment managing multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written skills and communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- A professional credential is required – CPA in Canada or the U.S., admitted to practice law, LLM, Masters in Tax or applicable credential
- Completion of Level III in CICA In-Depth Program
- 7+years relevant tax experience required in business or industry
- Broad exposure to U.S. income taxation
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and initiate their resolution
- The ability to organize complex information to support research and tax preparation requirements
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and tax return preparation software such as CCH’s iFirm
- Some travel maybe required
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, paramedical, vision, dental and a supportive Employee Assistance Program
- Incentive compensation for demonstrated skills and bonuses for business development
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Regular teambuilding and social events
- Financial and professional support for professional development and education
Send your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to Tracy Forrest at
email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed and if there is a good fit, we will contact applicants for an initial interview via video conferencing. Applicants moving on to the candidate stage will receive a call to set up a virtual interview with our senior leadership team. The successful candidate will be contacted directly after all interviews are completed.
All candidates will receive communication after the interview process.
Thank you for your interest in Andersen LLP.