Andersen LLP is looking for full-time co-op students to join our firm for an 8-month term starting January 2024. You will gain valuable experience working with our expert team on cross-border tax matters during the busy season.
WHY ANDERSEN LLP?
- Work in a growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are experts in U.S. and Canadian cross-border tax matters
- Develop solutions in a team environment, working with our clients to maximize the value of our tax advisory services
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your skills
- Gain exposure to US tax files and work on other research projects and tax assignments
At the end of the co-op term, you will have excellent first-hand knowledge of working in a fast-paced cross-border tax practice.
WHO WE ARE
Andersen LLP is a member of Andersen Global, specializing in US and Canadian cross-border tax services with head offices in Vancouver, BC and Calgary, AB. Best-in-class service, stewardship, independence, seamlessness, and transparency – these are the five core values that guide the talented employees at Andersen LLP. We are committed to hiring highly motivated individuals who desire to enhance their career and make a distinct impact. We aim to be the benchmark for quality in our industry and serve as the standard by which other firms are measured.
Andersen LLP offers a rewarding career path for exceptional individuals. We foster an environment based on learning and allow our employees to grow through hands-on work experience.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for coordinating activities associated with Andersen LLP’s clients including:
- Preparation of tax returns
- Corresponding with tax authorities
- Tracking client deadlines
- Paper and electronic document assembly
- Information gathering and analysis of data
- Drafting of correspondence
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree with a focus on accounting
- Strong commitment to client service
- Superior verbal and written communication skills paired with the ability to actively listen
- Ability to demonstrate high-level analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and initiate their resolution
- Ability to effectively work remotely, and in the office, as part of a team located across 4 different provinces
- Possess the desire to both work in cross-border tax and further develop technical skills
An exceptional opportunity for career advancement in a rewarding and flexible work environment with competitive compensation and regular team building and social events.
Earn your CPA designation with Andersen LLP! We are an approved direct-to-tax training office for our CPA students. We also provide our permanent employees working towards their designation through financial and professional support, flexible study leave schedules, and reimbursement of tuition fees.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, contact people.west@ca.Andersen.com with your resume and cover letter.